Paws In The Park is an event held at the Lismore Rugby Club.
This year it will be on Sunday the 27th of August 2017
- It will start at 9.30am behind PCYC, with a walk down to Lismore Rugby Grounds where all the fun begins.
Paws In The Park was an event we started in 2008, encouraging people to walk and socialise with their pets. The day starts at Dawson Street Ovals behind the PCYC or Trinswim, where everyone gathers and walks 1.3km down to the Rugby Club. We have a charity of the day who receives all the gate takings for the day. We then have a series of games, displays and competitions which fill the morning.Our initial intention was for Paws in the Park to become an annual event where people can gather and play with their pets, and get information about living and enjoying a happy life with their pets. Unfortunately, it seems likely that it will be an event that we try to hold every 2 years.
Northern Rivers Animal Services will be the Charity of the day. They do a wonderful local job helping to rehouse Dogs and Cats in our areas, and caring for those in need. They also help people in need with programs like their subsidised desexing Program. We are very lucky to have such a committed, caring local group to help animals in our area.
In 2017 we will have a series of games Like
- Best dressed: We always love to see people getting into the spirit of the day and dressing up with their dog.
- The 7 legged race: where 2 people get their legs tied together and run with their dog on a lead. (We have had the occasional three legged dog to mix things up!)
- We also have generous local dog groomers who will be doing the hydrobaths. There will be a $20 charge that is also donated to Northern Rivers Animal Services.
- Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers control the food and drink on the day. My mouth is watering thinking about the delicious things they come up with each time. I can't wait!
We have held Paws in the Park in:
- September 2008
- September 2009
- September 2010
- May 2013
- August 2015
- 27th August 2017
We have plans for the event to get bigger and better each time. If you feel you have something you would like to offer to the event, don't hesitate to contact us.