- Fleas are one of the most common parasites you will have to deal with.
- Fleas feed on your pets blood, this can be irritating and can also contribute to anaemia. Fleas can also transmit other diseases as well!
- Dealing with a flea outbreak can be quite difficult. Only a small part of the problem will be from the fleas on your pets, the rest will be from the environmental source. This can sometimes be a very difficult area to find or access and may be one of your pets favourite places to be. E.g under the house, under a bush. This may also be a place that is shared by other animals including your neighbours.
- The products that we find most effective are what we term 'Spot ons'. These products are applied to the skin at the base of the neck.
- The products registered for use in cats are:
- Frontline Plus
- do NOT wash the cat from 2 days before and until 2 days after the treatment, if using topical product.
- All of these products are applied monthly for flea control.
- Capstar is a tablet that can give 24 hour relief for your pet. It has a rapid onset of action and the results can be quite dramatic for animals that have a heavy infestation. This product will often have to be combined with another product for long term control of your flea problem.
Information Sheet Category:
Is this a Featured Information page?: